Thursday 7 February 2008

The Midnight Man Journal

Van Gogh, ghosts, murder and madness...

THE MIDNIGHT MAN is the title of my novel due out in hardback from Severn House in April in the UK and July in the US. THE MIDNIGHT MAN is set in 1888, the most turbulent year of Van Gogh's life when he lives in the Yellow House in Arles. Here, his fragile health collapsed and he cut away part of his ear just before the Christmas of that year.

During the research for the novel I found a wealth of material about Vincent Van Gogh on the internet: films, websites and so on. So, in part, this blog charts the the development and publication of the novel, outtakes from the story itself, and it also acts as a gateway for all those fascinating gems that feature Van Gogh on the internet.

During the coming weeks, I plan to add more website links as well as charting the progress of the novel from a bunch of files here on my computer to the published book. As I write, I'm waiting for the cover of the book. I'm promised it will be wonderful. When it arrives I'll post it here along with the link to a short web film that features Van Gogh.

Vincent Van Gogh's work and life story had a huge impact on me, and probably helped shaped who I am and what I do. In short, I'm a fan, a huge fan. So this is where as I get chance to celebrate the life and genius of one of the greatest artists - ever!

Severn House link www.severnhouse.com

No comments: